History of Windhill Pancake Parlor
In 1890, records show this property to be a hitching post for horses from the hotel across the street. In 1893, a sanborn map shows a two-story dwelling on this property. In 1934, Warren Holly openend Holly's Filling Station and Ice House until the doors were closed in 1974.
In 1976, Harriet Whitman and Don and Kathy Schramm had a dream of opening a pancake house. They bought this property and tore down some of the existing building, leaving only the retail section of the property (now a photography studio). During construction, Harriet and her family stood outside by the bridge, pondering the name of their dream. It was a windy day and on a hill, hence the name, "Windhill."
In 1977, Harriet, Don, and Kathy hired a waitress named Sharon Hunt. Sharon waited tables for ten years at Windhill and also had a dream of owning a restaurant. Sharon and her husband Dave purchased Windhill in 1987 and ran it gracefully for seventeen years with the help of their eight children. Sharon and Dave are responsible for the majority of the collectibles and antiques and the extensive holiday decor.
In 2004, Sharon and Dave sold their dream to one of their children, Jennifer Guasta and her husband, Tom. Jennifer had been working at Windhill since she was eleven and had been the general manager for five years. She is very familiar with the day to day operations of the establishment. Jennifer and Tom continue the tradition of fine food, service, and quality antiques and collectibles for viewing and dining enjoyment.
Jennifer, Tom, Sharon, and Dave (yes, Sharon and Dave still work here and still love it!) greatly appreciate the continued patronage of the regular customrs. They always look forward to new guests that share their dream.
These pictures were taken in 1930 of Holly's Service Station. The building you see still stands which is now a Photography Studio connected to Windhill
Windhill Pancake Parlor